Luminothérapie 2016-2017 / Loop
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
CALL FOR PROPOSALS FOR WORKS TO ANIMATE PUBLIC SPACES IN THE QUARTIER DES SPECTACLES
From December 8, 2016 to January 29, 2017, the winning designers will present an installation on the Place des Festivals that creates a sense of wonder both day and night, while encouraging the participation of a broad audience, including families. Architectural video projections for two adjacent building façades will complete a unified concept through integration with the narrative structure of the primary work.
The free competition is Canada-wide and open to teams whose lead designer is based in Canada. The jury will favour projects that combine a variety of perspectives by bringing together multiple disciplines: design, the performing arts, visual and media arts, etc. The total production budget is $300,000.
The contest was launched December 10 2015. The winner will be announced October 2016. For more information about the finalists and all the propositions received :
THE COMPETITION – A REFRESHED CONCEPT
For this seventh edition, the Quartier des Spectacles is bringing something new to the competition by providing a theme: participants must work within the theme “tale” (fantastical or urban, classic or newly created) – must provide a captivating experience.
The jury for this seventh edition of Luminothérapie has nine members:
- Anne-Claude Bacon, curator, Collection Hydro-Québec
- Rami Bebawi, architect, Kanva Architecture
- Pascale Daigle, director of programming, Quartier des Spectacles Partnership
- Pierre Fortin, executive director, Quartier des Spectacles Partnership
- Sophie Labelle, programming consultant, programming department, Place des Arts
- Anick La Bissonnière, architect and scenographer, Atelier Labi
- Jean-François Larouche, director, interactive department, User Experience, Moment Factory
- Simon B. Robert, Technology Director, Quartier des Spectacles Partnership
- Pierre Sasseville, sculptor and installation artist, Cooke-Sasseville
FOUND OUT MORE :
The call for proposals for Luminothérapie 2016-2017 is Quebec’s largest competition for temporary public art installations. The goal of the multidisciplinary competition is to produce an original winter-themed interactive experience in the Quartier des Spectacles and to stimulate creativity in the disciplines of urban installations and digital art.
For more details about The call for proposals for Luminothérapie 2016-2017,
read our Press release.
For the winning entries from previous editions of Luminothérapie,
read the Press kit