Whether it’s your first time or your 100th time, the Quartier des Spectacles offers a free walking tour that allow you to explore the creativity and history that inhabit this 1 km2 area of the island.
Quartier des spectacles Free Walking Tour
Head out on a discovery of the major events that have shaped the urban fabric and spirit of the Quartier des Spectacles, from the Red Light era to its recent transformation into a vast outdoor theatre.
You will visit iconic cultural venues, its ambitious Luminous Pathway and new buildings.
The two hours walking tour is led by a guide certified by the Institut de tourisme et d’hôtellerie du Québec (ITHQ). Tourists and Montrealers alike will appreciate this engaging walk through a sometimes little known area of Montreal.
From June, 6 to October 6, 2019
In French : Thursdays at 5:30 P.M., Sundays at 10 A.M.
In English : Saturdays at 4 P.M. and Tuesdays at 5:30 P.M. on July 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30
- There is a maximum of 20 people per group.
- Tours begin at the Place des Festivals at the corner of Balmoral and Saint-Catherine West Streets. The nearest metro station is Place-des-Arts, on the green line. The tour guide will have a sign reading “Quartier des Spectacles Walking Tours”.
- You don’t need to print your e-ticket.
- Comfortable walking shoes and clothing appropriate for the weather are recommended.
- Tours take place rain or shine.
- The tour is unfortunately not adapted for people with reduced mobility.
Private tours for groups can be organized on request.
Information : firstname.lastname@example.org 514 879-0009 ext. 232 (weekdays)