Whether it’s your first time or your 100th time, the Quartier des spectacles offers pathways and tours that allow you to explore the creativity and history that inhabit this 1 km2 area of the island.
Quartier des spectacles Free Walking Tour
From May 4 to October 8, 2017
Registration starts from April 21.
In English: Saturday from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
In French: Thursday from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
BOOK HERE (Free)
You will visit iconic cultural venues, its ambitious Luminous Pathway and new buildings.
The two hours walking tour is led by a guide certified by the Institut de tourisme et d’hôtellerie du Québec (ITHQ). Tourists and Montrealers alike will appreciate this engaging walk through a sometimes little known area of Montreal.
Private tours for groups can be organized on request.
Information : firstname.lastname@example.org 514 879-0009 ext. 232 (weekdays)
Head out on a discovery of the major events that have shaped the urban fabric and spirit of the Quartier des spectacles, from the Red Light era to its recent transformation into a vast outdoor theatre.
- There is a maximum of 20 people per group.
- Tours begin at the Place des Festivals at the corner of Balmoral and Saint-Catherine West Streets. The nearest metro station is Place-des-Arts, on the green line. The tour guide will have a sign reading “Quartier des Spectacles Walking Tours”.
- You don’t need to print your e-ticket.
- Comfortable walking shoes and clothing appropriate for the weather are recommended.
- Tours take place rain or shine.
- The tour is unfortunately not adapted for people with reduced mobility.