PHOTO CONTEST: CAPTURING LES JARDINS GAMELIN
JULY 18 TO AUGUST 24, 2018
GET YOUR CAMERAS READY!
Amateur and professional photographers are invited to document life in Les Jardins Gamelin.
Les Jardins Gamelin embody peaceful cohabitation and Montreal’s wonderful diversity. Now it’s your turn to capture the Jardins’ unique dynamic. Photographs must depict Les Jardins Gamelin or document the space as:
- a space for living, sharing and socializing
- an inspiring place and the site of unique, funny or poetic moments
- a socially mixed space
There are no aesthetic requirements: black & white, colour, retouching – everything is allowed, so unleash your creativity!
The best photos will be displayed in an exhibition in Les Jardins Gamelin in September 2018.
- 1st prize: $1,000 ($500 in La Vitrine gift cards, valid for Quartier des Spectacles venues, and $500 cash)
- 2nd prize: $500 ($250 in La Vitrine gift cards, valid for Quartier des Spectacles venues, and $250 cash)
- 3rd prize: $250 ($125 in La Vitrine gift cards, valid for Quartier des Spectacles venues, and $125 cash)
- Among the finalists: 5 prizes of $50 in La Vitrine gift cards, valid for Quartier des Spectacles venues, will be randomly drawn
HOW TO ENTER
- Complete the form below, including your address, title of your photo and a description (max. 200 words), and submit the form.
- Send one photo per person via WeTransfer.
Only one participation and photo per person is allowed
ABOUT LES JARDINS GAMELIN
In the spring of 2015, Place Émilie-Gamelin, located in the Quartier des Spectacles, showed a new face to residents and visitors with Les Jardins Gamelin. The initiative, unprecedented in scale, is led by the Quartier des Spectacles Partnership and produced in collaboration with Pépinière & co and the support of the borough of Ville-Marie.
The initiative’s aim is to encourage all Montrealers to embrace and use this central space, and to make it one of the city’s leading tourist attractions.