Just for laughs Festival
Notice to residents and workers in Quartier des Spectacles: Just for laughs festival
From July, 17 to 28 2019
Place des Festivals and others scenes
The mission of Just For Laughs holds is simple–it holds in three little words: MAKE PEOPLE HAPPY. Undoubtebly direct, isn't it? All we want for the public, our customers, our partners, the media, our sponsor or the artists we work with is to make them happy.
And the same goes for our commitment to you! How will we make you happy? Easy! First, by not billing you anything for the paragraph you just read. Secondly... uh... there's no secondly! See? Smile!
In order to prepare the site and provide a safe, enjoyable experience for visitors, it will be necessary to prevent vehicles from using certain streets on certain dates:
From July 13 to August, 2 :
- Maisonneuve Blvd. between Saint-Urbain Street and De Bleury Street
The parking HUB on Jeanne-Mance Street is open up to 3 a.m.
SETUP AND TEARDOWN
- Setup will take place Monday, July 8 to Tuesday, 16.
- Teardown will take place **Wednesday, July 17 to Friday, August, 2.
In order to present high-quality shows, the Just for laughs team will perform sound checks at various times during the period indicated:
- July 16 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on place des Festivals (rehearsal)
- July 12 to 16 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. on place des Festivals (lighting)
- July 15 and 16 from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. on every stage (sound)
- July 13 to 16 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. on every stage (lighting)
OUTDOOR SITE SCHEDULE
Activities will be held from:
- July 17 to 28 from 4 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. for orange and violet zones
- July 17 to 28 from 12 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. for blue zone
- July 19,20,26,27 from 4 p.m. to midnight for violet zone
SCHEDULE OF MAIN PERFORMANCES
For a detailed schedule of outdoor performances, please visit Just for laughs Festival to check the complete schedule of the activities on our outdoor site.
SITE USAGE RULES
To ensure a safe environment for all and to respect obligations related to public gatherings, certain rules must be followed on the outdoor site during event hours.
More informations here.
INFORMATION AND COMMENTS
The event organizers care about the quality of life of local residents and businesspeople, and will strive to minimize any and all potential negative impacts of holding the event in the Quartier.
The organizers thank their neighbours in advance for their invaluable cooperation and remind them that they should feel free to send any questions, comments or suggestions at:
- Contact for the festival - Ana Bohuon : 514-288-1424 ext. 4280
- at 311 to contact the city’s Accès Montréal service.
Please note that schedules included in this notice are subject to change without notice.