ONE16 - JIREH & MONTREAL GOSPEL CHOIR
Information on the activity
Dates to come
This year, Jireh Gospel Choir celebrates its 20th anniversary!
Jireh Gospel Choir, based in Montreal and directed by Carol Bernard, has carved out quite a name for itself in the gospel music industry in Canada and Europe. Whether performing outdoors or in an intimate setting, the choir delivers a powerful punch that leaves no one unmoved. From timeless classics to original compositions, JIREH perfectly combines traditional and contemporary gospel sounds.
Some of Jireh Gospel Choir’s impressive accomplishments:
· Performed at the Bell Centre November 4th 2016
· Performed at 2016 Montreal Jazz Festival outdoor show on TD Stage (main outdoor stage)
· Awarded Gospel Album of the year 2015
· 47 concerts, and counting, in performance venues and festivals since 2013
· FACTOR funded album Get Up released in November 2014
· Performance on Belle & Bum and other TV shows
· Montreal International Jazz Festival with Cirque du Soleil
· Montreux Jazz Festival (Switzerland) and Toronto Jazz Festival
· Represented Canada at an international showcase in France
· Platinum album with Mario Pelchat “Noël avec Jireh Gospel Choir” followed by tour dates
Montreal Gospel Choir (MGC), Founded in 2011 by Carol Bernard, continues to enchant it's growing audience through its musical excellence and vibrant performances. This 80-voice choir is composed of men and women of different cultures and ages, a beautiful representation of the city of Montreal. The words family, love, joy, innovation, infectious energy, and goose bumps are often associated with MGC. After their performance at Illumine la nuit in 2015, members of Montreal Gospel Choir entertained passengers in the metro with an impromptu performance, which garnered more than 150,000 views online.
Carol Bernard has built an impressive music career as choir director, manager, singer, arranger, producer, and teacher. This sought-ager choir director founded the Jireh Gospel Choir and the 80-voice Montreal Gospel Choir, has been a judge for the Juno Awards, and was the music director of a 2000-member French church in Montreal. In 2013 Carol was honored as a Black History Month Laureate, underlining her contribution to Quebec society. Her talent for communicating the authenticity of gospel music through the voices of her singers has attracted sold-out performances. And her workshops have been enthusiastically received in Canada and Europe.