Fête du Quartier
Culture in your backyard
The Quartier des Spectacles invites residents to the inaugural edition of its big celebration of neighbourliness, presented as part of the Journées de la culture. Come to inviting Esplanade Tranquille and meet your neighbours and the cultural players who make your neighbourhood so lively.
There will be plenty of free activities, live music and circus acts. Cultural organizations based in the Quartier des Spectacles will welcome visitors to small lounges where they will discuss and present various aspects of their artistic work. Guides will be available to lead walking tours of the Quartier and show you the city’s cultural heart and its secrets.
The festivities wouldn’t be complete without a celebration of the autumn harvest! Attend a culinary demo and sample a delicious tomato sauce with chef Daniel Vézina and Galaxie Brasserie, the Esplanade Tranquille restaurant.
On the menu:
- Culinary demo and tomato sauce tasting with Daniel Vézina and Galaxie Brasserie;
- Musical and circus performances: Look-up! by POLIQUIN-SIMMS2 (circus routines on sway poles), Buzz Cuivres (roving brass quintet), Chœur enharmonique de Montréal (with choirmaster Julien Patenaude), Duo Simard-Boulanger (violins), Voyageurs by the Kaoso collective (circus performance) and Tea Time by the Kaoso collective (theatrical and interactive installation);
- Walking tours of the Quartier des Spectacles;
- Lounge spaces with La Maison Théâtre and Théâtre du Nouveau Monde to chat with performing arts professionals;
- Giant chess and Scrabble boards;
- Games loan counter La ludothèque.
La Fête du Quartier
Esplanade Tranquille in the Quartier des Spectacles
October 1, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Cultural activities: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Culinary demo: noon to 1 p.m.
Tasting: noon to 4 p.m. *
Walking tours: 1 p.m. and 2 : 30 p.m.
*Available to Quartier residents only between 11 a.m. and noon.
MORE INFORMATION ON LOUNGE SPACES
TNM IN THE GRAND SALON :
A window opens on the TNM and the fascinating universes that shape it. Come and read excerpts from works of their season, handle costumes, props and models, and discover their greatest productions in the company of the TNM's Subscribers' Circle.
THE MAISON THÉÂTRE IN THE REPAIRE :
Come meet the Maison Théâtre team and laugh at the clownish theatrical performances of L'Aubergine. Take a few minutes to craft a little bee with your family and discover the richness and diversity of the 2022-2023 season of this theater for youth.
Familia: Five members of a colorful family from who knows where arrive with their paraphernalia. Like any good family reunion, celebration is a must: music, songs, juggling, quiproquos and comedy are on the agenda of this city outing. Everything is an excuse to have fun and laugh with these funny, surprising and endearing characters... a real Familia!
Discover your Quartier des spectacles, your neighbourhood!
Subscribe to the newsletter dedicated to residents and get access to exclusive promotions, street closure notices, invitations to event premieres and suggestions of activities taking place near you.