MONTRÉAL EN LUMIÈRE
Notice to residents and workers in Quartier des Spectacles: Montréal en lumière
FROM FEBRUARY 22 TO MARCH 4
(BREAK: FEBRUARY 26 TO 28)
VARIOUS VENUES AND PUBLIC SPACES
MONTRÉAL EN LUMIÈRE is one of the largest winter festivals in the world, an annual celebration registering one million festival site visits from fans experiencing the joy of Montreal wintertime through a unique program combining performing arts, gastronomy, free outdoor family activities, and a full night of exquisitely original discoveries!
In order to prepare the site and provide a safe, enjoyable experience for visitors, it will be necessary to prevent vehicles from using certain streets on certain dates.
From Monday, February 12, 7 a.m. to Friday, March 9, 5 p.m.:
- Jeanne-Mance Street (between Sainte-Catherine Street and De Maisonneuve Blvd.);
- Balmoral Street (between Sainte-Catherine Street and De Maisonneuve Blvd.);
- Mayor Street (between De Bleury and Balmoral Street);
- and Sainte-Catherine Street (between De Bleury and Saint-Urbain Street).
From Saturday, March 3, 6 p.m. to Sunday, March 4, 6 a.m.:
- De Maisonneuve Blvd. (between De Bleury and Saint-Urbain Street)
SETUP AND TEARDOWN
Setup will take place from February 8, 7 a.m., to February 22, 5 p.m.
Teardown will take place from March 4, 11 p.m., to March 9, 5 p.m.
In order to present high-quality shows, the MONTRÉAL EN LUMIÈRE team will perform sound checks at various times during the period indicated.
- From February 12 to 22, we will conduct sound tests between 11 a.m. and 10 p.m.
During the event:
- Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, we will test the sound between 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. inside the Chalet Bell.
OUTDOOR SITE SCHEDULE
Activities will be held on:
- Thursdays, February 22 and March 1, and Fridays, February 23 and March 2, from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m.;
- Saturday, February 24, and Sundays, February 25 and March 4, from 2 p.m. to 11 p.m.;
- Saturday, March 3 (Nuit blanche), from 2 p.m. to 3 a.m..
SCHEDULE OF MAIN PERFORMANCES
For a detailed schedule of outdoor performances, please visit montrealenlumiere.com to check the complete schedule of the activities on our outdoor site.
SITE USAGE RULES
To ensure a safe environment for all and to respect obligations related to public gatherings, certain rules must be followed on the outdoor site during event hours.
When you arrive, our hospitality and security staff will ask you to open your bags to check the contents. We are counting on your cooperation to ensure that everyone has a pleasant and safe experience.
For other rules and the list of items prohibited on the site, visit: montrealenlumiere.com
INFORMATION AND COMMENTS
The event organizers care about the quality of life of local residents and businesspeople, and will strive to minimize any and all potential negative impacts of holding the event in the Quartier.
The organizers thank their neighbours in advance for their invaluable cooperation and remind them that they should feel free to send any questions, comments or suggestions at:
- Info-Lumière La Presse+ Line: 514 288-9955 or at toll-free: 1 888 477-9955
- or at montrealenlumiere.com
- at 311 to contact the city’s Accès Montréal service.
Please note that schedules included in this notice are subject to change without notice.