The convening will bring together in Montreal, May 22-26, 2023, more than 200 international cultural and civic leaders to discuss the value(s) of cultural districts in a changing world.
Nearly 80 speakers and panelists will explore a wide range of topics, including:
- New trends of globalization
- Equitable leadership in the arts and culture
- Cultural tourism in the 2020s
- Centering the Indigenous experience
- Public art and the identity of place
- Impact measurement and reporting strategies
- Safety and security in public spaces
- Governance and business models for cultural districts
May 22: Convening opening and welcome cocktail at the Société des arts technologiques
May 23 and May 24: Convening reserved for GCDN delegates and cultural managers
May 25: Public day for the Quebec creative and cultural ecosystem, with a session led by selected creative companies
May 26: Site visits (Oasis, PHI, Place des Arts, Maison Symphonique, Grands Ballets) and cultural territories in Montreal
To register for the full GCDN 2023 annual convening program: gcdn.net/convenings/montreal-2023/
GCDN is an initiative of AEA Consulting. To find more about the organization, click here.