Information on the venue
For opening hours, please visit the venue's website.See scheduled activities
The Imperial theatre was built in 1913 as a vaudeville playhouse by the Keith-Albee Vaudeville Organization, an American company that owned many venues of this type throughout North America. The building was designed by Philadelphia architect Albert Westover and its interior designed by Tognarelli & Voight of Philadelphia. New York artist William Eckart was commissioned to paint the frescoes above the lobby while Montreal artist Emmanuel Briffa painted the asbestos curtain. That same year, a similar Imperial Theatre was built by the same company in Saint John, New Brunswick.