Festival International de Jazz de Montréal
Notice to residents and workers in Quartier des Spectacles: Festival International de Jazz de Montréal
From June 26 to July 6, 2019
Place des Festivals and more
The largest jazz Festival in the world according to the Guinness World Records, the Festival International de Jazz de Montréal has been celebrating the love of music for nearly four decades.
Each year, the Festival hosts 3,000 musicians from 30 countries performing 500 concerts – 2/3 of which are free – in 10 indoor venues and on as many outdoor stages. It welcomes a total of 2 million visitors on its site annually.
In order to prepare the site and provide a safe, enjoyable experience for visitors, it will be necessary to prevent vehicles from using certain streets on certain dates:
From Wednesday, June 26 to Saturday, July 6 :
- Bld De Maisonneuve between Clark Street and De Bleury;
- Clark Street between De Montigny Street and Bld De Maisonneuve;
- Saint-Urbain Street between De Montigny Street and Ontario Street.
*Sainte-Catherine Street West between De Bleury Street and Bld Saint-Laurent is pedestrianized.
SETUP AND TEARDOWN
- Setup will take place Sunday, June 23 to Wednesday, June 26
- Teardown will take place Sunday, July 7 to Thursday, July 16.
SOUND and Lighting CHECKS
In order to present high-quality shows, the Festival International de Jazz de Montréal team will perform sound and lighting checks at various times during the period indicated:
- June 23, 24 and 25 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. on all stages (lighting)
- June 25 from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. on all stages (sound)
OUTDOOR SITE SCHEDULE
Activities will be held from:
- Wednesday, June 26 to Saturday, July 6 from noon to midnight
SCHEDULE OF MAIN PERFORMANCES
For a detailed schedule of outdoor performances, please visit Festival International de Jazz de Montréal to check the complete schedule of the activities on our outdoor site.
SITE USAGE RULES
To ensure a safe environment for all and to respect obligations related to public gatherings, certain rules must be followed on the outdoor site during event hours.
INFORMATION AND COMMENTS
The event organizers care about the quality of life of local residents and businesspeople, and will strive to minimize any and all potential negative impacts of holding the event in the Quartier.
The organizers thank their neighbours in advance for their invaluable cooperation and remind them that they should feel free to send any questions, comments or suggestions at:
- Contact for the festival - Ana Bohuon : 514 288-1424, poste 4280
- at 311 to contact the city’s Accès Montréal service.
Please note that schedules included in this notice are subject to change without notice.