FESTIVAL INTERNATIONAL DE JAZZ DE MONTRÉAL
Notice to residents and workers in Quartier des Spectacles: FESTIVAL INTERNATIONAL DE JAZZ DE MONTRÉAL
June 28 to July 7, 2018
Named by Guinness World Records as the largest jazz festival on the planet, the Festival International de Jazz de Montréal has been synonymous with musical passion for almost 40 years. Every year, the Festival hosts 3000 musicians from 30 countries performing 500 concerts in 10 indoor venues and on as many outdoor stages, and welcomes 2 million visits.
In order to proceed with the development/layout of the site, the smoot running of operations, and provide festival-goers with a festive and safe experience, automobile/vehicular traffic will have to be interrupted on certain streets from Friday, June 22 to Thursday, July 12, 2018.
SETUP AND TEARDOWN
- Setup will take place from Monday, June 18 to Wednesday, June 27.
- Teardown will take place from Sunday, July 8 to Thursday, July 12.
In order to present high-quality shows, the team will perform sound checks on:
- On June 24, 25, 26 and 27, lighting and programming tests will be held from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. on the SNC Lavalin stage (corner René-Lévesque Blvd. and De Bleury St.).
- On June 26 and 27, audio calibration tests will be held from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. on the SNC Lavalin stage (corner René-Lévesque Blvd. and De Bleury St.).
OUTDOOR SITE SCHEDULE
Activities will be held on:
- From Thursday, June 28 to Saturday, July 7, 2018, from noon to midnight
For a detailed schedule of outdoor performances, please visit montrealjazzfest.com to check the complete schedule of the activities on our outdoor site.
Note that the Hendrick's balloon will be activated (corner Jeanne-Mance St./René Lévesque Blvd.) which is likely to create a sound and visual impact on June 28 and 29.
To ensure a safe environment for all and to respect obligations related to public gatherings, certain rules must be followed on the outdoor site during event hours.
When you arrive, our hospitality and security staff will ask you to open your bags to check the contents.
We are counting on your cooperation to ensure that everyone has a pleasant and safe experience.
For other rules and the list of items prohibited on the site, visit: montrealjazzfest.com/Reglement
INFORMATION AND COMMENTS
The event organizers care about the quality of life of local residents and businesspeople, and will strive to minimize any and all potential negative impacts of holding the event in the Quartier.
The organizers thank their neighbours in advance for their invaluable cooperation and remind them that they should feel free to send any questions, comments or suggestions at:
- Ana Bohuon at 514-288-1424 ext. 4280
- at 311 to contact the city’s Accès Montréal service
Please note that schedules included in this notice are subject to change without notice.