The Quartier des Spectacles Partnership (Partnership) is calling for proposals from cultural organizations, companies and artists for artistic performances (living arts) from all disciplines to enrich the Partnership’s programming for public spaces this summer.
Continuing from the summer 2020 revitalization program and the aventures du cœur de l’île in 2021, the Partnership’s mandate is to animate the Quartier des Spectacles as well as other parts of downtown Montreal. Given the context, the Partnership seeks to involve as many creators as possible.
The project addresses the following objectives:
- Provide an opportunity for as many projects as possible to be presented in public spaces;
- Help cultural organizations and artists reconnect with live audiences;
- Support artists from Montreal and elsewhere in Quebec;
- Give audiences of all ages high-quality cultural experiences, whether entertaining or thought-provoking;
- Contribute to the distinctive and dynamic character of the Quartier des Spectacles and the downtown core;
- Continue existing efforts to support the vitality of the downtown (focusing on creation and exhibition spaces and enhancing attractiveness).
It will involve the presentation of living arts performances from all disciplines: circus, dance, music, street theatre, comedy, visual arts (live). Regardless of format (stationary or roving), the performance must capture audiences’ attention, spark curiosity, and have an emotional impact and/or be thought-provoking.
There is a large and diverse group of public performance spaces in the wider downtown area (streets, terrasses, small stages, lawns, public places like Place des Festivals, etc).
Please note that the organizations selected will be responsible for producing their own projects. The Partnership’s mandate for this project is to organize and promote the programming.
Downtown programming for the summer of 2022 will begin in June and conclude in late September (exact dates to be confirmed).
Here are some parameters to consider in your proposal:
Turnkey artistic performance
- Either already produced (ideal) or nearing completion.
Simple and light
- Few technical or logistical details;
- Easy to relocate (can be moved from one venue to another by truck).
Accepted types and formats of performances
- Stationary and roving spontaneous performances, from 10 to 45 minutes;
- We give priority to performances that appeal to general audiences.
Experiences for day and night
Performances will be programmed throughout the day. We suggest you think primarily in terms of schedules such as:
- Weekdays: lunchtime, happy hour and evening
- Weekends: early, mid and late afternoon, and evening
Proposals will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Artistic quality;
- Respect for performance durations (flexibility);
- Positive contribution to the quality of the audience experience.
Proposals will be reviewed by the Quartier des Spectacles Partnership’s programming team. We cannot guarantee that all proposals will be approved. Only those selected will be contacted.
HOW TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL
To submit a project, you must complete our application form.
Important: take note of your form’s unique code, which will be provided at the beginning of the process. The code will allow you to resume data entry if you wish to enter your information in multiple steps.
Deadline: APRIL 11, 2022
CLICK HERE TO FILL OUT THE APPLICATION FORM
- A description of the performance (discipline, number of artists, duration, assembly and disassembly time, etc.);
- A company description including creative approach and general philosophy (max. one page);
- Detailed technical sheet;
- Sale price of the show or performance;
- A list of members of the artistic team and a short recap of their training and experience, with a hyperlink to previous work;
- Video (preferred) and/or still images of the performance.
- Your availability or time constraints.
Please note that the Partnership strives to support a diverse range of artistic practices and to include creators from a variety of backgrounds (new talent, ethno-cultural diversity).
Do you have questions about the program?
Use this form to sign up for one of online information session:
Please note that the information sessions will be conducted in French.
- March 7, 2022: Call for proposals issued
- March 23, 2022: Question session (webinar)
- April 11, 2022: Deadline for submitting proposals
- Week of April 11, 2022: Review of proposals
- Early June 2022: Programming in public spaces begins
To reach the programming team, write to: email@example.com