- Successfully raise pledges totalling at least $10,000 via the La Ruche crowdfunding platform;
- Be of an artistic or creative nature;
- Be designed or adapted for outdoor public spaces;
- Not convey a message of a sexual nature, or promoting violence, or involving any other offensive content;
- Adhere to safety and universal accessibility standards as applicable to activities in public spaces;
- Not require ongoing supervision or user guidance (if necessary, include these costs in the budget);
- Be feasible to complete within the proposed budget and schedule. The budget must include the costs of presenting the work, installation or performance;
- Host the crowdfunding campaign on La Ruche Montréal (Montreal, Laval, Laurentians, Lanaudière, Montérégie).
QUARTIER DES SPECTACLES PARTNERSHIP IN COLLABORATION WITH THE CAISSE D’ÉCONOMIE SOLIDAIRE DESJARDINS AND LA RUCHE
The grant program will provide support for cultural creators who choose to use crowdfunding.
Eight projects in culture, art or design will, after reaching their target on the La Ruche crowdfunding platform, be eligible for a grant. Projects will also have the opportunity to use an outdoor public space in the Quartier des Spectacles for experimenting with their work, in the fall of 2019 or at another time, depending on the nature of the project and the availability of space.
Proposals can involve different types of animation typically found in the Quartier: architectural projections, public installations, activities and shows in Les Jardins Gamelin, etc.
FIND OUT ALL THE DETAILS :
Submission of proposals and launch of crowdfunding campaigns
You must launch your project via La Ruche* before May 15, 2019
- If you have any questions about your submission, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any questions about the grant program, send them to email@example.com
*In the registration form, please select The “Creating for Public Space” grant program in the section « Funding ».
Submission of proposals and launch of crowdfunding campaigns : Until May 15, 2019 Campaign duration, on average, 30 to 60 days, depending on the nature of the project.
Deadline for the crowdfunding campaigns : July 15, 2019
Selection committee and awarding of grants: Summer 2019
Production and completion of works: From July 15 to August 2019 and potentially other times Creation, production and completion of works by the artists.
Unveiling of works : September 2019
Presentation of works : Autumn 2019 and potentially other times* Set up of works, creative productions and installations in the Quartier des Spectacles.
Grants awarded by the Quartier des Spectacles Partnership
To be eligible for one of the three $5,000 grants the project must:
Grants awarded by the Caisse d’économie solidaire Desjardins
To be eligible for one of the five $1,000 grants the project must:
PARTENAIRES DU PROGRAMME DE BOURSES
Partenariat du Quartier des spectacles
Le Partenariat du Quartier des spectacles regroupe plus de quatre-vingts membres actifs sur le territoire. Il veille à l’animation du Quartier des spectacles par la programmation d’activités culturelles, à la gestion et à l’animation des places publiques, à la mise en lumière du Quartier et à sa promotion à titre de destination culturelle incontournable. Le Partenariat produit des installations urbaines innovantes, interactives et participative dédiées à l’espace public. Vitrine des nouvelles technologies, le Quartier des spectacles positionne Montréal comme une référence internationale dans le domaine. Le Partenariat bénéficie du soutien de la Ville de Montréal.
Caisse d’économie solidaire Desjardins
The Caisse d’économie solidaire Desjardins is the financial cooperative for social movements, collective businesses and citizens committed to a social and sustainable economy. It has more than 3,500 collective business members. As of December 31, 2018, it had invested $585 million in collective, mutually-supportive organization and had $1 billion worth of assets. That is why The Caisse d'économie solidaire is Québec's main financial institution, which is specialized in social, solidarity economy and responsible investments.
La Ruche is a non-profit whose mission statement is to support the emergence of projects that sustain a community’s vitality. By the means of its crowdfunding platform and its partners, the organization contributes to project development across Quebec. La Ruche brings crowdfunding to a new level with its personalized and human guidance, access to its Ambassador network, additional funding programs and its regional approach.